Women who are unhappy with the look of their overly large and sagging breasts can benefit from a breast lift – mastopexy surgery. This procedure is also performed to reduce oversized areolas while aligning the nipples to a more flattering position. Dr. Troy Pittman in Washington, DC, is a nationally recognized breast surgeon who can guide you through deciding if a lift is the right procedure for your personal needs and goals.
Reasons for a Washington DC Breast Lift
There are both aesthetic and functional reasons to opt for a breast lift. A breast lift may be the best remedy for these issues, while at the same time returning your bosom to its former, youthful, and buoyant appearance.
Aesthetic reasons for a breast lift:
- Post-pregnancy sagging
- Post-breastfeeding deflation
- Natural aging process
- Drastic weight loss
- Heredity and gravity
Physical problems due to heavy, sagging breasts include neck, shoulder, and back pain.
A breast lift is not designed to adjust the volume of breasts. Women wanting to change the size of their breasts may opt for:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Combination of a breast lift with augmentation or reduction
Breast Lift Initial Consultation and Procedure
After having a conversation with you about your personal needs and desires for undergoing a breast lift, Dr. Troy Pittman will perform a physical examination including measuring your bosom to plan the surgical procedure.
An outpatient breast lift surgical session entails:
- General anesthesia to make sure you are free of pain and comfortable
- Through strategic incisions based on the size and shape of your breast, excess skin is removed, and areolas are resized and repositioned
- The internal breast tissue is then reduced and molded into an acceptable size and shape
- Incisions are closed with medical sutures and dressing is applied
- Dressing should remain in place for 48 hours post-surgery
- Pain medication and muscle relaxers will help with tenderness and discomfort
- You should avoid strenuous activities for a few days
- Limited activity is advised for at least two weeks
- You should wear a supportive surgical bra during your recovery period – no underwires that can damage breast tissue during the healing process
It’s Time to Rehabilitate Your Deflated and Sagging Breast
Take advantage Dr. Troy Pittman’s renowned Washington DC Breast Lift by contacting Somenek+Pittman MD today.