As time takes its toll on a person’s skin, the face is the first area to show the signs of aging. When you look in the mirror, you may begin to notice vertical lines between your eyebrows and horizontal lines on your forehead.
The reason why these lines appear is due to repeated facial expressions and movements, which cause the muscles to contract and stay contracted. As a result of this, a person may look older than their actual age, which can affect their self-confidence.
Earlier, the only option patients had was to undergo a conventional brow lift. Now, patients can undergo the endoscopic brow lift, which is much less invasive. The incisions are much smaller and less tissue is altered, allowing for a shorter and more comfortable recovery time.
Advantages of the Endoscopic Brow Lift
Here are some of the benefits that come along with an endoscopic brow lift:
• In the endoscopic brow lift, there are only a handful of very small incisions, which are well-hidden behind your hairline.
• This procedure is quite precise due to the use of an endoscope. This small medical tool features a camera and a light to help the surgeon see the surgical site in great detail.
• Recovery time after the completion of this procedure is shorter than with the traditional brow lift, as this method is one of the least invasive techniques.
• There is a significant reduction in time taken to complete the surgery as compared to the traditional brow lift.
• After your procedure is complete, your forehead will be smooth, youthful, and free of wrinkles.
• Your drooping brows will be lifted and better defined following your procedure, restoring a calmer appearance to your face.
Are There Any Requirements for the Surgery?
It is important that you follow the instructions given by Dr. Somenek in regards to preparation and recovery. It is mandatory that you stop smoking four weeks before and after the surgery. You shouldn’t take any blood-thinning medications. The day before the surgery, make sure that you do not consume any food or beverages after midnight.
On the day of the surgery, make sure that you don’t wear jewelry, contact lenses, or make-up. If anesthesia is administered before the surgery, you may feel its effects after completion of the procedure for a time. For this reason, it is important that you arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home after your surgery.
Recovering After Surgery
After your endoscopic brow lift, the area will be bandaged for protection. Stitches will be removed during a follow-up appointment.
A minor degree of swelling and bruising in the area is common. During the first week after the surgery, you will need to use cold compresses to address these issues and speed up the process of recovery. Make sure that your head is in an elevated position at all times; pillows can help with this.
To quicken the healing process, avoid intense physical activity for a minimum of two weeks after the date of surgery. You will be able to get back to your regular activities after 10 days. After making a complete recovery, you will observe that your forehead is refreshed and revitalized.
Set Up Your Appointment for a Consultation
Speaking with a skilled and experienced medical professional is the best way to decide which procedure is best for you. Pay a visit to Dr. Michael Somenek, a well-respected double-board-certified facial plastic surgeon, to find out more about the endoscopic brow lift. To set up your consultation, contact our office today.