One of the most popular facial cosmetic surgeries trending this year for both women and men is a procedure known as buccal reduction, the removal of buccal fat pads from your mid-cheeks. Dr. Michael Somenek specializes in buccal fat pad reduction procedures that can slim and contour your face. Discover why this facial surgery has become the most-requested cosmetic procedure and how you can have defined cheek hollows as if you were naturally puckering your lips.
Are You a Prime Candidate for Buccal Fat Pad Reduction?
To join in the popularity for undergoing this trending procedure, here are some key factors for determining if you are a suitable candidate for buccal fat pad reduction:
- You have round or chubby cheeks (baby face) and want a sleek, feminine facial shape
- You are in good physical condition with an acceptable Body Mass Index (BMI)
- You’re a man looking for a more mature look with a strong jawline
- Ideally, you’re a non-smoker
The Simplicity of Buccal Fat Pad Reduction Surgery
This quick and painless procedure is conveniently performed by Dr. Somenek in our state-of-the-art-surgical suite, with your being under either local (awake) or general (asleep) anesthesia.
Step-by-Step Buccal Fat Reduction treatment:
- Lidocaine is injected into your cheeks to numb the removal area
- Precise surgical incisions are made around the inside of your mouth.
- Buccal fat pads are then removed with precision
- The incisions are closed with sutures
If you choose to undergo local anesthesia and stay awake – like most of our patients – you can expect to return home right after the procedure, which typically takes no more than an hour to perform. You will experience minimal post-op downtime.
Consider Other Simultaneous Facial Procedures
While undergoing your buccal fat pad reduction, Dr. Somenek can strategically and efficiently perform other simple facial cosmetic procedures at the same time, such as:
Benefits of other facial cosmetic procedures simultaneous with your buccal fat pad reduction:
- Minimizes the number of surgical incisions required
- Reduces procedure time
- Allows for a quicker recovery time
Popular Buccal Fat Pad Reduction
Join in on the popularly spiking buccal fat pad reduction cosmetic facial procedure to slim and contour your face. Take advantage of our state-of-the-art cosmetic surgery techniques by scheduling your consultation in Washington DC with the experts at Somenek+Pittman MD. Call 202-810-7700 today.