The signs of aging that appear on the face over time are quite obvious. A double chin is one of these signs, and it can make a person look old, out of shape, and tired. And yet, people with a double chin may not necessarily be old. Even people in their early 20s can get develop a double chin. Kybella is a solution for your double chin.
What Causes a Double Chin?
Double chins are usually caused by weight gain. However, there can be a host of other factors that cause double chins. Here are the most commonly known factors:
• Genetics: Double chins may run in the family. You may not be obese but may still have a double chin because of genetics; the tendency to develop a double chin may have been passed down in your family.
• Weight Gain and Loss: Don’t let anyone trick you into believing that losing weight will cause you to automatically lose your double chin. While weight gain is commonly known to cause a double chin, losing weight also leads to its formation. This is due to the sagging skin that forms after major weight loss.
• Age: This is another common factor behind double chins. With age, there is a loss of tautness and elasticity in the skin and muscle tissues. This causes drooping.
• Fat-Cell Concentration: There may be a higher than normal concentration of fat cells in the region below the chin. This causes the area to puff up more than it normally should.
How Kybella Helps
Kybella is composed of a synthetic version of deoxycholic acid, a chemical naturally present in the body that helps the body absorb dietary fats. Kybella injections destroy fat cells, reducing the double chin. There is a set number of injections that you will have to take to achieve full results.
The Benefits of Kybella Treatment
Kybella offers a number of benefits:
• Kybella has been approved by the FDA as a safe option to get rid of a double chin.
• This is an easier alternative for people who do not want to undergo surgeries or other complicated procedures such as liposuction.
• No general anesthesia is required for this treatment. This means you will not have to worry about any potential complications associated with general anesthesia.
• There is no recovery time involved, making the procedure incredibly convenient.
• No scalpels or incisions will be involved, since it is only a minimally invasive treatment.
• Kybella is perfect for double chins, regardless of their cause.
Would You Like to Learn More?
If you’ve been feeling embarrassed about your double chin and are looking for a non-surgical and effective solution, Kybella may be perfect for you. To find out more, it’s best to contact our office and arrange a consultation with Dr. Michael Somenek, an experienced double-board-certified facial plastic surgeon.
During your consultation with Dr. Somenek, the two of you will discuss the procedure in greater detail. You will also be able to look at before-and-after photos and can ask any questions you may have.